Learning Outcomes for Undergraduate Education in Art History
- Students will demonstrate an effective knowledge of visual vocabulary appropriate for careers in the visual arts, architecture, visual studies, and the media.
- They will recognize and understand major monuments, artists, methods and theories,and be able to assess the qualities of works of art and architecture in their historical and cultural settings.
- Students will be able to locate, interpret and analyze primary and secondary sources relevant to research questions.
- They will use innovative theoretical and methodological approaches to generate new approaches to the history of representation understood within broader socio-cultural perspectives. They will demonstrate skills necessary for effective preparation of artwork for public presentation, using a variety of materials and techniques.
- Students will construct a portfolio of works that demonstrates their writing, and presentation skills through verbal, written, and constructive exercises.